Thursday 15 October 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 15, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Éric Charden and Penny Marshall.
George Washington Slept Here, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 October 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1942 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Éric Charden: French singer and songwriter born to a Tibetan mother.
- Penny Marshall
- Derek Carter: British cartoon artist, animator and film maker.
- Milt Morin: American football player.
- Hilo Chen: Taiwanese-American painter.
- Don Stevenson: Seattle, Washington -- Rock drummer (Moby Grape).
- Harold Gehman: Jr.
- James A Leach: (Rep-R-Iowa, 1977- ).
- Penny Marshall in the Bronx: New York, USA; actress (The Odd Couple, Laverne and Shirley).
- Ronald Byrnes: American professional astrologer for more than three decades, the student of natal, Placidian tropical, researching historical and current figures and events, with a special emphasis on early Christianity and the Middle Ages and Renaissance.
- Dirk Bannink: Nurse / local counciller Deventer, executed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Manhattan Serenade - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition