Sunday 4 October 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 4, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Devaquet and Jóhanna Sigurdardottir.
Eyes in the Night, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 October 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1942 ?
- Alain Devaquet
- Jóhanna Sigurdardottir
- Karl W Richter: American aviator (d. 1967).
- Bernice Johnson Reagon: American musician (Sweet Honey in the Rock).
- Johanna Sigurdardottir: Prime Minister of Iceland.
- Franco Gatti: Italian singer, a member of Ricchi e Poveri (The Rich and Poor), an Italian pop music group active since the late 1960s, which has sold over 20 million records.
- Laurel Lea: Musician.
- Karl Richter: American lieutenant and pilot (d. 1967).
- Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir: Icelandic politician 24th Prime Minister of Iceland.
- Christopher Stone: Manchester, New Hampshire -- Actor (Dave-Dallas, Interns).
- Bernice Reagon: American singer-songwriter (Sweet Honey in the Rock).
- Jenny Arean [Joanna Klarenbeek]: Dutch actress (Paul Chevrolet).
- German assault on Tractor factory in Stalingrad