Sunday 18 October 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 18, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Darciaux and Bernard Volker.
George Washington Slept Here, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 October 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1942 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Claude Darciaux
- Bernard Volker
- Gary Zukav: Author.
- Willie Horton: baseball slugger (Detroit Tigers).
- Larry Pickering: Australian newspaper cartoonist.
- Gianfranco Ravasi: Italian cardinal and scholar.
- Mikhail Nesterov: Russian painter (Born 1862).
- Hitler orders allied commandos to be killed
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Manhattan Serenade - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition