Wednesday 28 October 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Olivier Mazerolle and Kees Verkerk.
The Palm Beach Story, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Drivin' Woman by Elizabeth Pickett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1942 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Olivier Mazerolle: French journalist and director of the journal La Provence.
- Kees Verkerk: Skater World Champion (1967) / (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kees Vervek
- Sharron Moran: LPGA golfer.
- Abdelkader Fréha: Algerian footballer (d. 2012).
- 6th day battle at El Alamein: British offensive under Montgomery
- Train crashes into bus, killing 16 and injuring 20 (Detroit, Michigan).
- The Alaska Highway (Alcan Highway) is completed through Canada to Fairbanks, Alaska.
- The Alaska Highway is completed.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?