Tuesday 27 October 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 27, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Phillip Catherine and Bob Hoskins.
Road to Morocco, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 October 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1942 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Bob Hoskins: Actor.
- Phillip Catherine: Rocker.
- David Johnson: Scottish teacher, cellist and music historian.
- Edwin Wilson: Australian poet, painter, and scientist, with a strong interest in history.
- Lee Greenwood: American singer-songwriter.
- Janusz Korwin-Mikke: Polish journalist and politician.
- Helmuth Hubener: German anti-Nazi activist (Born 1925).
- 5th day of battle at El Alamein: heavy battles / Australian advance
- US aircraft carrier Hornet sinks off Santa Cruz
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dearly Beloved - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- When The Lights Go On Again (All Over The World) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra