Sunday 11 October 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Amitabh Bachchan and James Oliver Huberty.
Flying Tigers, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 11 October 1942
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1942 ?
- Amitabh Bachchan: Indian film actor, producer, singer and TV host.
- James Oliver Huberty: Shot by police after killing 21 in McDonalds.
- Katey Houston: American astrologer and AFA member from 3/1970 who, in the early '70s, was active in astrology clubs in the Philadelphia area.
- James Huberty: American mass murderer, the perpetrator of the worst single-episode slaying in the history of the United States.
- Malvin Whitfield: Bay City, Texas -- Track star (1948, 52 Olympics - 3 Gold / Silver / Bronze Medals).
- Richard Wilson: Baron Wilson of Dinton Welsh academic and politician.
- Gabriele Lavia: Italian actor, film director and theatre director.
- Victor H Fazio: (Rep-D-California, 1979- ).
- Leonid Vladimirovich Nikolayev: Composer, dies at 64.
- World War II: Battle of Cape Esperance : On the northwest coast of Guadalcanal, United States Navy ships intercept and defeat a Japanese fleet on their way to reinforce troops on the island.