Friday 13 January 1922US date format: 1/13/1922, UK date format: 13/1/1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 13, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Albert Lamorisse and Jeanne Bourin.
Rio de Janeiro, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 January 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1922 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Albert Lamorisse: French film maker, a cinematographer, director and producer, one of the great moguls of his day with films that included "Crin Blanc," "Le Ballon Rouge" and "Le Voyage en Ballon.
- Jeanne Bourin: French historian, medievalist, and novelist, known for his best-seller "La Chambre des Dames".
- WHA-AM in Madison WI begins radio transmissions
- Conference of Cannes concerning German retribution payments ended.
- Buck Weaver, a Black Sox, applies unsuccessfully for reinstatement.
- The flu epidemic has claimed 804 victims in Britain.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Peerless Quartet - My Sunny Tennessee
- Arkansas Blues - Noble Sissle & Eubie Blake
- The World is Waiting for the Sunrise - Isham Jones & His Orchestra