Monday 13 January 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Sundelin and Sylvano Galago.
13 Rue Madeleine, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Moneyman by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1947 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Peter Sundelin: Sweden -- Yachtsmen (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Sylvano Galago: American actress seen in the film "Earthquake.
- Toni Glover: American astrologer from 1976; author of many articles on astrology and kabala.
- John Lees: England, United Kingdom -- Rock guitarist / vocalist (Medicine Man).
- Jacek Majchrowski: Polish historian lawyer and politician.
- Carles Rexach: former Spanish-Catalan footballer and coach
- Veit Valentin: German/US historian (German People), dies at age 61.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Gal in Calico - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Eve Young)
- Johnny Mercer - Huggin' and a-Chalkin'
- A Gal in Calico - Bing Crosby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?