Sunday 13 June 1943US date format: 6/13/1943, UK date format: 13/6/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 13, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Malcolm McDowell and Jean-François Lemoine.
Song of Texas, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 June 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1943 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Malcolm McDowell: English actor.
- Jean-François Lemoine: French journalist, newspaper editor and media company boss, the CEO of Sud Ouest who was paralyzed in an automobile accident in May 1991 and died on 16 February 2001 after complications from surgery.
- Edward Skorek: Poland -- Volleyball player (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jim Guy Tucker: American politician, governor of Arkansas.
- Harry Collins: English sociologist author and academic.
- Jim Tucker: American lawyer and politician 43rd Governor of Arkansas.
- Koco Racin: Macedonian poet (Born 1908).