Monday 14 June 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include F James Sensenbrenner and Muff [Mervyn] Winwood.
Spitfire, directed by Leslie Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Human Comedy by William Saroyan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1943 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- F James Sensenbrenner: (Rep-R-Wisconsin).
- Muff [Mervyn] Winwood: Singer (Spencer Davis Group-Gimme Some Lovin).
- W J [Billy] Tauzin: (Rep-D-Louisiana, 1980- ).
- Jacques Polge: French chemist and son of a chemist, the manager of Chanel perfumes laboratory since 1978.
- Barry Burman: English painter and academic (d. 2001).
- Jennifer Gretton: Baroness Gretton English politician Lord Lieutenant of Leicestershire
- John Miles: English race car driver and journalist
- Spooner Oldham: American organist and songwriter
- Harold Wheeler: American composer conductor and producer
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?