Monday 14 June 1943US date format: 6/14/1943, UK date format: 14/6/1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 14, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Polge and Emilio Ambasz.
The Constant Nymph, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 June 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1943 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Jacques Polge: French chemist and son of a chemist, the manager of Chanel perfumes laboratory since 1978.
- Emilio Ambasz: Architect.
- F James Sensenbrenner: (Rep-R-Wisconsin).
- Muff [Mervyn] Winwood: Singer (Spencer Davis Group-Gimme Some Lovin).
- W J [Billy] Tauzin: (Rep-D-Louisiana, 1980- ).
- Malcolm McDowell: Actor.
- Jennifer Gretton: Baroness Gretton English politician Lord Lieutenant of Leicestershire.
- John Miles: English race car driver and journalist.
- Spooner Oldham: American organist and songwriter.
- Harold Wheeler: American composer conductor and producer.
- Barry Burman: English painter and academic (d. 2001).