Wednesday 2 June 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Blinky Palermo and Charles Haid in San Francisco.
Bataan, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Human Comedy by William Saroyan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1943!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 June 1943 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Blinky Palermo
- Charles Haid in San Francisco: California, USA; actor (Andy Renko - Hill Street Blues, Altered States).
- John Lilipaly: Dutch 2nd Chamber member (PvdA).
- Maarten B Engwirda: Dutch 2nd Chamber member (D66).
- Ilaiyaraaja : Indian singer-songwriter and producer.
- German assault on Sebastopol Krim, begins
- 99th Pursuit Squadron flies first combat mission (over Italy).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?