Wednesday June 02, 1943
US date format: 6/2/1943, UK date format: 2/6/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 2, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Blinky Palermo and Charles Haid.
Coney Island, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 02, 1943?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- German assault on Sebastopol Krim, begins
- 99th Pursuit Squadron flies first combat mission (over Italy).