Wednesday 2 June 1943US date format: 6/2/1943, UK date format: 2/6/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 2, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Blinky Palermo and John Lilipaly.
Coney Island, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1943 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Blinky Palermo
- John Lilipaly: Dutch 2nd Chamber member (PvdA).
- Maarten B Engwirda: Dutch 2nd Chamber member (D66).
- Charles Haid in San Francisco: California, USA; actor (Andy Renko - Hill Street Blues, Altered States).
- Charles Haid: American actor and director.
- German assault on Sebastopol Krim, begins
- 99th Pursuit Squadron flies first combat mission (over Italy).