Wednesday 23 June 1943US date format: 6/23/1943, UK date format: 23/6/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 23, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Levine and Patrick Bokanowski.
Best Foot Forward, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 June 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1943 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- James Levine: American pianist and conductor, a musical wunderkind.
- Patrick Bokanowski: French filmmaker.
- Jan Mark: Writer.
- Brit Hume: Journalist.
- Vint Cerf: American computer scientist and engineer.
- Ellyn Kaschak: American psychologist and academic.
- Dutch artsens protest against Nazis
- World War II: The British destroyers HMS Eclipse and HMS Laforey sink the Italian submarine Ascianghi in the Mediterranean after she torpedoes the cruiser HMS Newfoundland.