Tuesday 8 June 1943US date format: 6/8/1943, UK date format: 8/6/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 8, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Calley and François Rouan.
Song of Texas, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1943 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- William Calley: American soldier, a Lieutenant who was convicted of the My Lai massacre in Vietnam on 16 March 1968.
- François Rouan
- Willie Davenport: American competitor in five Olympic games and the 1968 Olympic Gold Medal-winning hurdler.
- Colin Baker: Actor (Dr Who, Swallows & Amazons).
- Nikki Giovanni: Poet.
- Peter Eggert: German footballer and manager.
- J C A Barrett: Headmaster (Leys School-Cambridge).
- Vicki Stangroome: Campaigner.
- WWII: Japanese battleship Mutsu was destroyed by an accidental magazine explosion in Hashirajima anchorage, killing 1,121.