Thursday 24 June 1943US date format: 6/24/1943, UK date format: 24/6/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 24, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Louis Foulquier and Carole Caldwell.
Best Foot Forward, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 June 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1943 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Jean-Louis Foulquier: French actor and radio-TV presenter, he founded the music festival "Les Francofolies de La Rochelle" in 1985.
- Carole Caldwell
- Vint Cerf: Scientist.
- Georg Stanford Brown: Havana, Cuba -- Actor (Terry Webster-Rookies).
- Birgit Grodal: Danish economist and academic (d. 2004).
- Allies begin 10-day bombing on Hamburg