Tuesday 1 June 1943US date format: 6/1/1943, UK date format: 1/6/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis de Broissia and Joe Namath.
Coney Island, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1943 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Louis de Broissia
- Joe Namath: Athlete.
- Al From: Politician.
- Ely van Tongeren: Dutch guitarist / singer (Buffoons).
- Richard Goode in The Bronx: New York, USA; concert pianist (1980 Avery Fisher Award).
- Sharon Gless: Actress.
- Richard Goode: American pianist.
- David Newbery: English economist and academic.
- Lorrie Wilmot: South African cricketer (d. 2004).
- Orietta Berti: Italian pop-folk singer, actress and television personality.
- Germany shoots down a civilian flight from Lisbon to London, all die
- Pirates Rip Sewell 1st throws his dew-drop (eephus) ball in a game
- British Overseas Airways Corporation Flight 777 is shot down over the Bay of Biscay by German Junkers Ju 88s, killing actor Leslie Howard and leading to speculation the downing was an attempt to kill British Prime Minister Winston Churchill.