Tuesday 14 April 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 14, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bjorn Rosengren and Valentin Vitaliyevich Lebedev cosmonaut (Soyuz 13.
Saboteur, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 April 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1942 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Valentin Vitaliyevich Lebedev cosmonaut (Soyuz 13: 35, T-5).
- Bjorn Rosengren: Swedish politician.
- Valeriy Brumel: Soviet track-and-field athlete (Born 1942).
- Valentin Lebedev: Russian engineer and astronaut.
- Björn Rosengren: Swedish politician Swedish Minister of Enterprise and Innovation.
- Ni Zhiqin: Chinese high jumper.
- Destroyer Roper sinks German submarine U-85 off US east coast.
- WWII: The submarine is sunk.
- WWII: The German submarine U-85 (1941) is sunk by .