Friday 14 August 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sydney Wooderson and Henri Pequignot.
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1914 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Sydney Wooderson: Miler (world record 1937).
- Henri Pequignot: Toulon physician.
- Henri Pineau: Fontenay sous Bois EXecutives.
- Andrea Leeds: Actress (Stage Door, Earthbound), dies of cancer at 70.
- British field marshal John French and General Wilson land in France
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Puppchen - Prince's Orchestra
- Ave Maria - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?