Saturday 14 August 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Herman Van Springel and Ben Sidran.
The Fallen Sparrow, directed by Richard Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1943 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Herman Van Springel: Belgium sport Champion.
- Ben Sidran
- Ronald Campbell: MP.
- Jon A McBride in Charleston: West Virginia, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (STS 41G).
- Jon Andrew McBride: Charleston, West Virginia -- Captain US Navy / Astronaut (STS 41G).
- Heidi Treier: German group therapist and professional astrologer, an active member of Deutscher Astrologenverband/DAV since 1974.
- Ronnie Campbell: English miner and politician.
- Alfred Corn: American poet and essayist.
- Keith Hampson: MP.
- 1st allied air raid on Borneo
- US 45th Division occupies Falcone 40 km outside of Messina
- The Quadrant Conference begins in Quebec City Canadian Prime Minister MacKenzie King meets with Winston Churchill and Franklin D. Roosevelt.