Sunday 6 December 1903
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 6, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mykola Kolessa and Johannes Heesters.
The Ballet Master's Dream, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 December 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1903!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1903 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Mykola Kolessa
- Johannes Heesters: Actor.
- Cecil Frank Powell: Physicist.
- Tony Lazzeri: American baseball player and manager (d. 1946).
- Frederick Grant Gleason composer: dies at age 54.
- Sumatra Atjehs guerilla leader Panglima Polim surrenders.