Tuesday 29 December 1903
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 29, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Matras and Earl Hines.
The Magic Lantern, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 December 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1903!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1903 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Christian Matras: French director of photography and cinematographer.
- John von Neumann: Mathematician.
- Earl Hines: Musician.
- Clyde McCoy: Jazz trumpeter / bandleader.
- Amedeo Folz: Italy sport Champion.
- Candido Portinari: Brazilian painter (d. 1962).
- French Equatorial Africa separates into Gabon, Chad and Ubangi-Shari.