Saturday December 19, 1903
US date format: 12/19/1903, UK date format: 19/12/1903
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 19, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Cyril Dean Darlington and Theo Harych.
The Magic Lantern, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 19, 1903?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Williamsburg suspension bridge opens between Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 19, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bob Roberts - By the Sycamore Tree
- J.W. Myers - You're as Welcome as the Flowers in May
- Billy Murray - Up in a Cocoanut Tree
- George Alexander - Mighty Like a Rose