Friday December 18, 1903
US date format: 12/18/1903, UK date format: 18/12/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 18, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Julius Riepe .
The Magic Lantern, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 18, 1903?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- See more
- Julius Riepe: German Nazi military, a Sturmbannführer...
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 18, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bob Roberts - By the Sycamore Tree
- J.W. Myers - You're as Welcome as the Flowers in May
- Billy Murray - Up in a Cocoanut Tree
- George Alexander - Mighty Like a Rose