Saturday 5 December 1903
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 5, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johannes Heesters and Cecil Frank Powell.
The Ballet Master's Dream, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 December 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1903!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1903 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Johannes Heesters: Dutch-born actor of stage, television and film as well as a vocalist of numerous recordings and performer on the concert stage, with a career dating back to 1921.
- Cecil Frank Powell: England, United Kingdom -- Physicist (discovered pion - Nobel 1950).
- Giuseppe Togni: Italian politician (christian democrat).
- C Powell: English-Italian physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1969).