Wednesday 14 January 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 14, 2009). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Luck by Chance, directed by Zoya Akhtar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while American Lion by Jon Meacham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trust Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Altitude or Active Life: Extreme Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 14 January 2009 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 January
- Jan Kaplicky: British architect of Czech origin (Born 1937).
- American apparel chain Goody's files for bankruptcy to liquidate its remaining 282 stores.
- American department store chain Gottschalks files to reorganize under bankruptcy protection.
- Ricardo Montalban, Mexican-born American actor (The Colby's, Mr. Roarke - Fantasy Island, Khan Noonien Singh - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan), dies at age 88 of congestive heart failure in Los Angeles, California.
- United Kingdom Opposition Leader David Cameron pledges to hold a referendum on the European Union's Lisbon Treaty if his Conservative Party is elected later this year. (Financial Times)
- Glen Roeder leaves his post at Norwich City amidst fears of dangerous times for FlyGlobespan. (Edinburgh Evening News)
- Steve Jobs takes a six-month medical leave of absence as CEO of Apple Inc. (CNN)
- Global financial crisis of 2008-2009:
- United States Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and Philadelphia Fed Bank President Charles Plosser differ publicly on stabilizing the economy. (MarketWatch)
- 2008–2009 Israel–Gaza conflict:
- In an audio message, Osama bin Laden urges Muslims to launch a holy war on Israel. ( BBC News)
- Rockets are fired into Israel's North District from Lebanon. (Sky News)
- Ukraine says it cannot resume natural-gas transit because Russia's Gazprom has provided insufficient supplies. (Sky News)
- Somali pirates release two ships off the coast of East Africa. (CNN)
- U.S. Federal Judge Richard J. Leon orders the release of 21-year-old Guantánamo Bay detainee Muhammad Hamid Al Qarani, who was imprisoned in 2002. (''Washington Post'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna
- Chopped 'N' Skrewed - T-Pain Featuring Ludacris
- Miss Independent - Ne-Yo
- Trading Places - Usher
- Green Light - John Legend Featuring Andre 3000
- Pop Champagne - Jim Jones & Ron Browz Featuring Juelz Santana
- IfULeave - Musiq Soulchild Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Put It On Ya - Plies Featuring Chris J
- T.I. - Whatever You Like
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Marco Antonio Solis - No Molestar
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Lloro Por Ti - Enrique Iglesias
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - Y Que Quede Claro
- Inolvidable - Reik
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
A device intended to prevent strokes provides a case study of how the actions of many can combine to undercut the gathering of reliable medical evidence. [..]
Saying his health issues were “more complex” than he originally thought, Steven P. Jobs is taking a leave until the end of June. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $47.76
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $43.17
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $49.90
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $35.51
- 1 CHF = 6.1201 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.4714 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8924 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.5119 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?