Sunday 18 January 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Moon, directed by Duncan Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Cross Country by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching There Will Be Brawl.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Bigs 2 or Cho Aniki Zero.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 18 January 2009 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 January
- Gaza War: Hamas announces they will accept Israeli Defense Forces's offer of a ceasefire, ending the assault.
- El Salvador holds its legislative elections. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- 2008-09 National Football League playoffs (Super Bowl XLIII):
- The roof of the Born Again in Christ Church in São Paulo, Brazil, collapses, killing nine worshippers and injuring more than one hundred others. (''International Herald Tribune'')
- The Republic of China (Taiwan) distributes shopping vouchers to all its 22.7 million citizens as part of a US$2.53-billion plan to stimulate the economy. (AFP via Google News)
- A French military helicopter crashes off the coast of Gabon, killing at least seven people and rendering one other missing. (BBC News)
- A series of avalanches occurs near Kabul, Afghanistan, killing at least ten people and injuring eleven others. (''Irish Independent'')
- The wreckage of US Airways Flight 1549 is successfully recovered from the Hudson River. (Fox News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 January 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Inter : 3 - 1
- Cagliari - Udinese : 2 - 0
- Catania - Bologna : 1 - 2
- Chievo - Napoli : 2 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Westerlo : 1 - 2
- Germinal - Genk : 4 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Ath Madrid : 1 - 1
- Ath Bilbao - Valencia : 3 - 2
- Getafe - Santander : 0 - 1
- Malaga - Espanol : 4 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alicante - Alaves : 0 - 2
- Eibar - Castellon : 0 - 1
- Elche - Gimnastic : 2 - 0
- Huesca - Xerez : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?