Sunday 18 January 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 18, 2009). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Luck by Chance, directed by Zoya Akhtar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trust Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BattleForge or Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 January 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 18 January 2009 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 January
- Gaza War: Hamas announces they will accept Israeli Defense Forces's offer of a ceasefire, ending the assault.
- El Salvador holds its legislative elections. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- 2008-09 National Football League playoffs (Super Bowl XLIII):
- The roof of the Born Again in Christ Church in São Paulo, Brazil, collapses, killing nine worshippers and injuring more than one hundred others. (''International Herald Tribune'')
- The Republic of China (Taiwan) distributes shopping vouchers to all its 22.7 million citizens as part of a US$2.53-billion plan to stimulate the economy. (AFP via Google News)
- A French military helicopter crashes off the coast of Gabon, killing at least seven people and rendering one other missing. (BBC News)
- A series of avalanches occurs near Kabul, Afghanistan, killing at least ten people and injuring eleven others. (''Irish Independent'')
- The wreckage of US Airways Flight 1549 is successfully recovered from the Hudson River. (Fox News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 January 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Inter : 3 - 1
- Cagliari - Udinese : 2 - 0
- Catania - Bologna : 1 - 2
- Chievo - Napoli : 2 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Westerlo : 1 - 2
- Germinal - Genk : 4 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Ath Madrid : 1 - 1
- Ath Bilbao - Valencia : 3 - 2
- Getafe - Santander : 0 - 1
- Malaga - Espanol : 4 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alicante - Alaves : 0 - 2
- Eibar - Castellon : 0 - 1
- Elche - Gimnastic : 2 - 0
- Huesca - Xerez : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna
- Chopped 'N' Skrewed - T-Pain Featuring Ludacris
- Miss Independent - Ne-Yo
- Trading Places - Usher
- Green Light - John Legend Featuring Andre 3000
- Pop Champagne - Jim Jones & Ron Browz Featuring Juelz Santana
- IfULeave - Musiq Soulchild Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Put It On Ya - Plies Featuring Chris J
- T.I. - Whatever You Like
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Marco Antonio Solis - No Molestar
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Lloro Por Ti - Enrique Iglesias
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - Y Que Quede Claro
- Inolvidable - Reik
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Most banks that received bailout money are using it to pay down debt or to make investments, not lending. [..]
The founder of Satyam is said to have skimmed huge amounts of cash from the company, rather than padding its books as he has claimed. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?