Wednesday 28 January 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Taken, directed by Pierre Morel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Fire And Ice by Julie Garwood was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Orange Juice in Bishop's Garden.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Tomodachi Collection or Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 2009!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 28 January 2009 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 January
- Billy Powell: American keyboard player and songwriter (Lynyrd Skynyrd) (d. 2009).
- The US House of Representatives passes President Barack Obama's US$819 billion economic stimulus package, voting 244 to 188.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd keyboard player Billy Powell dies at the age of 56 of a suspected heart attack in Florida.
- The United States House of Representatives passes the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. (''The New York Times'')
- Winter storms across the Midwestern United States have killed 19 people and cut electricity to 600,000 homes and businesses from Oklahoma to West Virginia. (ABC News)
- A former New South Wales Police Force superintendent claims there was an attempted assassination of Queen Elizabeth II at Bowenfels railway station during a 1970 Royal Tour of Australia. (AFP via Google News)
- Israel bombards smuggling tunnels along the Gaza Strip-Egypt border in response to continued militant rocket fire. (Sky News)
- Sri Lankan Civil War:
- The Army kills at least 300 and wounds at least 300 Tamil people in Mullaitivu District. (AOL)
- At least 250,000 civilians are trapped in the crossfire between the Armed Forces and the Tamil Tigers. (CNN)
- The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board prepares its final report on the 2007 collision between two news helicopters in Phoenix, Arizona. (AP via Google News)
- Boeing announces it will cut 10,000 jobs. (BBC)
- Lithuanian flag carrier FlyLAL declares bankruptcy. (''Baltic Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 January 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Bologna : 0 - 1
- Cagliari - Siena : 1 - 0
- Catania - Inter : 0 - 2
- Chievo - Lecce : 1 - 1
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Coventry - Cardiff : 0 - 2
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Chesterfield - Exeter : 2 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Blackburn - Bolton : 2 - 2
- Chelsea - Middlesbrough : 2 - 0
- Everton - Arsenal : 1 - 1
- Man City - Newcastle : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?