Wednesday January 28, 2009
US date format: 1/28/2009, UK date format: 28/1/2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see zodiac on January 28, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, directed by Rebecca Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Mounting Fears by Stuart Woods was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trust Me.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BlazBlue: Continuum Shift or Band Hero.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 28, 2009?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- The US House of Representatives passes President Barack Obama's US$819 billion economic stimulus package, voting 244 to 188.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd keyboard player Billy Powell dies at the age of 56 of a suspected heart attack in Florida.
- The United States House of Representatives passes the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. (''The New York Times'')
- Winter storms across the Midwestern United States have killed 19 people and cut electricity to 600,000 homes and businesses from Oklahoma to West Virginia. (Reuters via News Daily)(ABC News)
- See more
American keyboard player and songwriter...
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 28, 2009?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
- T.I. Featuring Rihanna - Live Your Life
- T-Pain Featuring Ludacris - Chopped 'N' Skrewed
- Jim Jones & Ron Browz Featuring Juelz Santana - Pop Champagne
- Ne-Yo Featuring Jamie Foxx & Fabolous - She Got Her Own
Top #5 Latin songs
- Aventura - Por Un Segundo
- Luis Fonsi - No Me Doy Por Vencido
- Grupo Montez de Durango - Espero
- Gloria Trevi - Cinco Minutos
- RKM & Ken-Y - Te Regalo Amores
Sport Games on January 28, 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Bologna : 0 - 1
- Cagliari - Siena : 1 - 0
- Catania - Inter : 0 - 2
- Chievo - Lecce : 1 - 1
- Fiorentina - Napoli : 2 - 1
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Coventry - Cardiff : 0 - 2
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Chesterfield - Exeter : 2 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Blackburn - Bolton : 2 - 2
- Chelsea - Middlesbrough : 2 - 0
- Everton - Arsenal : 1 - 1
- Man City - Newcastle : 2 - 1
- West Ham - Hull : 2 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $79.58
- Apple AAPL: opens at $92.15
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $17.80
- General Electric GE: opens at $13.31
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $92.70
- 1 USD = 90.29 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.2119 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.151 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.8402 CNY
- 1 EUR = 118.89 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on January 28, 2009?
On January 28, 2009 the day of the week was Wednesday.
What zodiac sign is January 28, 2009?
On January 28, 2009 the zodiac sign was Aquarius.
Who was the US President on January 28, 2009?
On January 28, 2009 the US President was Barack Obama (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on January 28, 2009?
On January 28, 2009 the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour).
Who was the Pope on January 28, 2009?
On January 28, 2009 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on January 28, 2009?
Famous people died on January 28, 2009 include, Billy Powell.