Saturday 31 January 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arc Rise Fantasia or Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 31 January 2009 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 January
- Nagesh: Indian comedian actor in Kollywood (Born 1933).
- In Kenya, at least 113 people are killed and over 200 injured following an oil spillage ignition in Molo, days after a massive fire at a Nakumatt supermarket in Nairobi killed at least 25 people.
- Former Cuban President Fidel Castro criticizes United States President Barack Obama for supporting ampquotIsraeli genocideampquot against the Palestinian people. (Al Jazeera)
- An armed mob desecrates a Sephardic synagogue in Caracas, Venezuela. (BBC)
- Seven people are killed and 18 are missing after a nursing home burns in Russia's Komi Republic. (CNN)
- At least 111 people are killed and 200 injured in Molo, Kenya, after an oil spill ignites. (The Irish Times)
- Thousands of Russians protest in response to the government's handling of the current economic crisis. (BBC)
- Serena Williams of the United States defeats Dinara Safina of Russia to win the 2009 Australian Open women's singles. (BBC)
- More than 5,000 Royal Police are deployed to Bangkok, Thailand, as supporters of deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra protest. (AFP via Google News)
- A heat wave affects southeastern Australia, killing 20 people as temperatures reach above in Adelaide and Melbourne. (BBC)
- Iraq's provincial elections begin. (Sky News Australia)
- Antananarivo Mayor Andry Rajoelina declares himself ampquotin chargeampquot of Madagascar. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 31 January 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Juventus - Cagliari : 2 - 3
- Napoli - Udinese : 2 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Bergen - Cercle Brugge : 1 - 1
- Club Brugge - Tubize : 3 - 1
- Germinal - Westerlo : 2 - 1
- Kortrijk - Anderlecht : 1 - 3
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - Leverkusen : 1 - 1
- FC Koln - Wolfsburg : 1 - 1
- Hannover - Schalke 04 : 1 - 0
- Hertha - Ein Frankfurt : 2 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Malaga : 3 - 2
- Numancia - Real Madrid : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?