Saturday 14 September 1940US date format: 9/14/1940, UK date format: 14/9/1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 14, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Didier Geslain and Larry Brown (basketball).
Kleider machen Leute, directed by Helmut Käutner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1940 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Didier Geslain: French astrologer and data collector,...
- Larry Brown (basketball)
- Leo H Ferrier: Suriname -- Writer (Atman).
- Larry Brown: American basketball head Coach, 76ers.
- Jacques Godin: Canadian film and television actor.
- Congress passes 1st peace-time conscription bill (draft law)
- German bomb hits shelter in Chelsea; 100s die
- US Congress passes first peace-time conscription bill (draft law).