Tuesday 15 August 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 15, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Back to Nature, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1911 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 August
- Procter and Gamble unveils its Crisco shortening
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- That Railroad Rag - Walter Van Brunt
- Don't Wake Me Up, I'm Dreaming - Walter Van Brunt
- The Mississippi Dippy Dip - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Infanta March - Fred Van Eps
- In the Land of Harmony - Arthur Collins