Friday 15 August 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ageeda Paavel .
Danger Lights, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1930 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Ageeda Paavel: Estonian freedom fighter.
- President Herbert Hoover presents congressional gold medal to Colonel Charles A. Lindbergh.