Wednesday 15 January 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 15, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Teller and Roberta Bitgood.
The Thieving Hand, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 January 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1908!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1908 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Edward Teller: Hungarian-American theoretical physicist, known colloquially as "the father of the hydrogen bomb", even though he claimed he did not care for the title.
- Roberta Bitgood: composer.
- La Môme Moineau : French singer from the 1920s.
- C Hill and R J Hartigan make 8th wicket partnership 243 for Australia.
- The Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority becomes the first Greek-letter organization founded and established by African-American college women.