Monday January 15, 1906
US date format: 1/15/1906, UK date format: 15/1/1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 15, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Rezso Kokai and Aristotle Onassis.
Donkey Skin, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 15, 1906?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 15, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Haydn Quartet - In Dear Old Georgia