Saturday 24 July 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Thistlethwaite and Enrique Fernando.
The Seven Sisters, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while A Far Country by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1915!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1915 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Frank Thistlethwaite: Vice chancellor (University of East Anglia).
- Enrique Fernando: Filipino lawyer and jurist 13th Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines (d. 2004).
- Excursion ship Eastland capsizes in Lake Michigan, 852 die.
- The passenger ship S.S. Eastland capsizes while tied to a dock in the Chicago River. A total of 844 passengers and crew are killed in the largest loss of life disaster from a single shipwreck on the Great Lakes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Simple Melody - Walter Van Brunt & Mary Carson
- My Tango Girl - Albert & Monroe Jockers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?