Sunday 11 July 1915
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Colin Purdie Kelly and George Ivan Smith.
The Dictator, directed by Oscar Eagle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while K Mary by Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1915!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1915 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Colin Purdie Kelly: United States -- 1st US air hero (during WWII).
- George Ivan Smith: Diplomat.
- Norman Blunsdon: British astrologer and spiritualist who invented the 3-D chart.
- Guy Schoeller: French editor, who created in 1979 the collection "Bouquins" (English: "Mouthpieces") published by Robert Laffont.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Songs of Our Native Birds - Charles Kellogg
- That Moaning Saxophone Rag - Brown Brothers
- Don't Take My Darling Boy Away - Helen Clark & Joseph Phillips
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?