Friday 9 July 1915
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 9, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arvid Storsveen and David Leo Diamond.
A Woman, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 July 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1915!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1915 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- David Leo Diamond: Rochester, New York -- Composer (Paderewski Prize-1943).
- Arvid Storsveen: Norwegian resistance fighter and organizer of XU, the main intelligence gathering organisation within occupied Norway during World War II.
- Marcel Thevenet: France sport Champion.
- David Diamond: American composer and educator (d. 2005).
- Lee Embree: American sergeant and photographer (d. 2008).
- Germany surrenders South West Africa to Union of South Africa.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Songs of Our Native Birds - Charles Kellogg
- Don't Take My Darling Boy Away - Helen Clark & Joseph Phillips
- Brown Brothers - That Moaning Saxophone Rag