Thursday 1 July 1915US date format: 7/1/1915, UK date format: 1/7/1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 1, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Stafford and Willie Dixon.
All for Love, directed by Lee Friedlander, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 July 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1915!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1915 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Jean Stafford: American writer and Pulitzer Prize...
- Viscount Leverhulm: English large landowner (Unilever).
- Willie Dixon: American singer-songwriter guitarist and...
- Joseph Ransohoff: American soldier and neurosurgeon (d....
- Nguyễn Linh: Vietnamese politician (d. 1998).
- Australian Survey Corps becomes part of the Military Forces.
- Australia begins Commonwealth Lighthouse Service.
- Lieutenant Kurt Wintgens achieves the first known aerial victory with a synchronized gun-equipped fighter plane, the Fokker M.5K/MG Eindecker.