Saturday 17 July 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 17, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard M Scammon and Dorothy Poynton-Hill.
Old Jane of the Gaiety, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 July 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1915!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1915 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Richard M Scammon
- Dorothy Poynton-Hill: United States -- Platform diver (1932 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Esther Williamson Ballou: Composer.
- Richard Scammon: American author, political scientist and elections scholar.
- Cass Daley: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Actress (Red Garters).
- Fred Ball: American movie studio executive, actor, and the brother of comedienne Lucille Ball (Born 1915).
- Arthur Rothstein: American photographer and educator (b.
- Norbert Jacquet: France Military man.
- Francesco Fanciulli: Composer, dies on 62nd birthday.
- Italian offensive at Isonzo