Saturday 17 July 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cass Daley and Dorothy Poynton-Hill.
The Dictator, directed by Oscar Eagle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1915!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1915 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Cass Daley: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Actress (Red Garters).
- Dorothy Poynton-Hill: United States -- Platform diver (1932 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Esther Williamson Ballou: Composer.
- Richard Scammon: American author, political scientist and elections scholar.
- Norbert Jacquet: France Military man.
- Fred Ball: American movie studio executive, actor, and the brother of comedienne Lucille Ball (Born 1915)
- Arthur Rothstein: American photographer and educator (b. 1985)
- Francesco Fanciulli: Composer, dies on 62nd birthday.
- Italian offensive at Isonzo
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Little Girl - Ada Jones & Will Robbins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?