Sunday 15 July 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Lewis and Jurgen Mollemann.
Christmas in Connecticut, directed by Peter Godfrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1945 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Peter Lewis: Los Angeles, California -- Rock guitarist / vocalist (Moby Grape).
- Jurgen Mollemann: German politician (d. 2003).
- Jürgen Möllemann: German politician of the Free Democratic Party.
- Jan-Michael Vincent: American actor with a history of substance abuse.
- Jan Vincent: Denver Actor.
- Mickey Appleman: American poker player
- 27th PGA Championship: Byron Nelson at Morraine Country Club - Dayton Ohio
- The Scott Morrison Award of Minor Hockey Excellence was first given out to recipient Gordie Howe
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 July 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - On The Atchison, Topeka, And Santa Fe
- I Wish I Knew - Dick Haymes
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - A Kiss Goodnight
- Johnnie Johnston - There Must be a Way
- Can't You Read Between The Lines - Charlie Spivak
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?