Sunday 15 July 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 15, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Lewis and Shiv Nadar.
Anchors Aweigh, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 July 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1945 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Shiv Nadar: Businessman.
- Peter Lewis: Los Angeles, California -- Rock guitarist / vocalist (Moby Grape).
- Jurgen Mollemann: German politician (d. 2003).
- Jürgen Möllemann: German politician of the Free Democratic Party.
- Jan-Michael Vincent: American actor with a history of substance abuse.
- 27th PGA Championship: Byron Nelson at Morraine Country Club - Dayton Ohio
- The Scott Morrison Award of Minor Hockey Excellence was first given out to recipient Gordie Howe
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- On The Atchison, Topeka, And Santa Fe - Johnny Mercer
- I Wish I Knew - Dick Haymes
- A Kiss Goodnight - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- Can't You Read Between The Lines - Charlie Spivak
- Johnnie Johnston - There Must be a Way