Sunday 15 June 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Aspect and John Brisker.
Heartaches, directed by Basil Wrangell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1947 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Alain Aspect: French physicist noted for his experimental work on quantum entanglement.
- John Brisker
- Lee Purcell: Cherry Point, North Carolina -- Actor (Big Wednesday, Mr Majestyk).
- Carolyn Chute: Writer.
- Paul Patterson: Composer.
- John Hoagland: American photographer and journalist (d. 1984).
- 1st night game at Detroit Briggs Stadium (Tigers 4, Athletics 1)
- 47th US Golf Open: Lew Worsham shoots a 282 at St. Louis Country Club - Missouri
- The Portuguese government orders 11 military officers and 19 university professors who were accused of revolutionary activity to resign.
- Seaman Harold Dahl claims to have seen six UFOs near Maury Island in Puget Sound, Washington. On the next morning, Dahl reports the first modern so-called ampquotMen in Blackampquot encounter.
- The Canadian Parliament votes unanimously to pass several laws regarding displaced foreign refugees.