Saturday 16 May 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edward T Hall and Edward Hall.
Home, Sweet Home, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1914!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1914 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Edward T Hall: American anthropologist and author (d. 2009).
- Edward Hall: American anthropologist and author (d. 2009).
- Ewing Field, near Masonic Street, opens.
- American Horseshoe Pitchers Association organizes in Kansas City.
- The first ever Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup final is played. Brooklyn Field Club defeats Brooklyn Celtic 2-1.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Amor Mio (My Love) - Enrico Caruso
- O Sole Mio (My Sunshine) - Alan Turner
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?