Thursday 14 May 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Kriegel-Valrimont and Luis Quesada Garland.
Caught in the Rain, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1914!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1914 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Maurice Kriegel-Valrimont
- Joseph Martray: French jurist and politician who died on 1 June 2009 in Rennes, France.
- Luis Quesada Garland: Peruvian architect, professor, essay writer, art critic and a promoter of modern architecture in Peru.
- Jean Bazaugour: Bassillac Military man.
- Gul Nasir: Pakistani journalist poet and politician (d. 1983).
- Chic Jim Scott no-hits Cleve, gives up 2 hits in 10th and loses 1-0
- Woodrow Wilson signs a Mother's Day proclamation.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Amor Mio (My Love) - Enrico Caruso
- O Sole Mio (My Sunshine) - Alan Turner