Thursday 14 May 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Kriegel-Valrimont and Luis Quesada Garland.
Caught in the Rain, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1914!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1914 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Maurice Kriegel-Valrimont
- Joseph Martray: French jurist and politician who died on 1 June 2009 in Rennes, France.
- Luis Quesada Garland: Peruvian architect, professor, essay writer, art critic and a promoter of modern architecture in Peru.
- Jean Bazaugour: Bassillac Military man.
- Gul Nasir: Pakistani journalist poet and politician (d. 1983).
- Chic Jim Scott no-hits Cleve, gives up 2 hits in 10th and loses 1-0
- Woodrow Wilson signs a Mother's Day proclamation.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Amor Mio (My Love) - Enrico Caruso
- O Sole Mio (My Sunshine) - Alan Turner