Monday 15 June 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cees [Cornelis A B] Bantzinger and Yuri Andropov.
The Million Dollar Mystery, directed by Howell Hansell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Fortunate Youth by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1914!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1914 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Cees [Cornelis A B] Bantzinger: Dutch cartoonist / illustrator.
- Yuri Andropov: General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (d. 1984).
- Saul Steinberg: Romania -- Cartoonist / illustrator (New Yorker).
- Hilda Terry: American cartoonist (d. 2006).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Original Fox Trot - Fred Van Eps (as Van Eps Trio)
- He's a Devil in His Own Home Town - Eddie Morton
- In the Heart of the City That Has No Heart - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?