Friday 15 November 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Asner and Asner .
The Vagabond Lover, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 November 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1929 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Edward Asner
- Asner : American film and TV actor who had a number of lean years before becoming a star with the character Lou Grant on the "Mary Tyler Moore Show," 1970-77 that segued into his own series, "Lou Grant," 1977-82, and "The Bronx Zoo," 1987-88.
- François Favreau: French Catholic clergyman, who has been Bishop Emeritus of Nanterre since 2002.
- Edward Asner in Kansas City: Kansas, USA; actor (Lou Grant - Mary Tyler Moore Show, Lou Grant).
- Ed Asner: American actor.
- Joe Hinton: American singer (d. 1968).
- Don Lurio: American-born Italian dancer, choreographer and presenter for the RAI, the Italian television station.