Friday 15 November 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 15, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Asner and Jimmy Piersall.
The Vagabond Lover, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 November 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1929 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Edward Asner
- Jimmy Piersall: Athlete.
- Edward Asner in Kansas City: Kansas, USA; actor (Lou Grant - Mary Tyler Moore Show, Lou Grant).
- Asner : American film and TV actor who had a number of lean years before becoming a star with the character Lou Grant on the "Mary Tyler Moore Show," 1970-77 that segued into his own series, "Lou Grant," 1977-82, and "The Bronx Zoo," 1987-88.
- McLean Stevenson: Actor.
- Don Lurio: American-born Italian dancer, choreographer and presenter for the RAI, the Italian television station.
- Ed Asner: American actor.
- Joe Hinton: American singer (d. 1968).
- François Favreau: French Catholic clergyman, who has been Bishop Emeritus of Nanterre since 2002.