Thursday 15 September 1921US date format: 9/15/1921, UK date format: 15/9/1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Moshe Shamir and Jan Frank Fischer.
Camille, directed by Ray C. Smallwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1921 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Moshe Shamir
- Jan Frank Fischer: Composer.
- Sergio Bruni: Italian popular singer, guitarist, and songwriter, who was often called "The Voice of Naples".
- Richard Gordon: English surgeon and author.
- Constance Baker Motley: Activist.
- Snooky Pryor: American harmonica player (d. 2006).
- Gene Roland: American pianist and composer (d. 1982).
- Norma MacMillan: Canadian actress (d. 2001).
- Pope Benedictus XV publishes encyclical Alcohol Paraclitus
- WBZ-AM in Boston MA begins radio transmissions
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Young Prince and the Young Princess - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- Jazz Me Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- Down Home Blues - Ethel Waters
- Learn to Smile - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra