Tuesday 16 January 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Karcher and Brainerd Duffield.
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Road to Understanding by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1917 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Carl Karcher: founded the Carl's Jr.
- Brainerd Duffield: American character actor and writer who worked at Warner Bros script department for over 25 years.
- Hermann Buchner: German Nazi military, a Major in the Waffen SS.
- Gilda Galan: Puerto Rican actress, dramaticist, comedian, writer, composer, scriptwriter and poet.
- Pierre Stagnara: Loriol physician.
- Sandy Block: American jazz musician, a bass player in big bands during the 1930s and 1940s.
- Buddy Lester: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Nick-Phil Silvers Show).
- George Dewey: American admiral (Born 1837).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sometimes You Get a Good One and Sometimes You Don't - Anna Chandler
- I Ain't Got Nobody Much - Marion Harris
- The Baseball Game - Weber & Fields
- Horace Wright - My Own Iona
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?