Tuesday 16 January 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Karcher and Brainerd Duffield.
The Ocean Waif, directed by Alice Guy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1917 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Carl Karcher: founded the Carl's Jr.
- Brainerd Duffield: American character actor and writer who worked at Warner Bros script department for over 25 years.
- Hermann Buchner: German Nazi military, a Major in the Waffen SS.
- Buddy Lester: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Nick-Phil Silvers Show).
- Pierre Stagnara: Loriol physician.
- Gilda Galan: Puerto Rican actress, dramaticist, comedian, writer, composer, scriptwriter and poet.
- Sandy Block: American jazz musician, a bass player in big bands during the 1930s and 1940s.
- George Dewey: American admiral (Born 1837).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Way Down in Iowa, I'm Going to Hide Away - Irving Kaufman
- Horace Wright - My Own Iona
- Someone Else May be There While I'm Gone - Al Jolson