Thursday 16 January 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christine Truman and Christine Janes.
High Sierra, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Sun Is My Undoing by Marguerite Steen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 16 January 1941 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Christine Truman: English tennis player and sportscaster.
- Christine Janes: Tennis player.
- Richard Bohringer: Paris, France -- Actor (Diva, I Married a Shadow).
- War Department forms first Army Air Corps squadron for black cadets.
- US vice admiral Bellinger warns of an assault on Pearl Harbor.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?