Thursday 16 January 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christine Janes and Richard Bohringer.
High Sierra, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Keys of the Kingdom by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1941 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Christine Janes: Tennis player.
- Richard Bohringer: Paris, France -- Actor (Diva, I Married a Shadow).
- Christine Truman: English tennis player and sportscaster.
- War Department forms first Army Air Corps squadron for black cadets.
- US vice admiral Bellinger warns of an assault on Pearl Harbor.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 January 1941
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?