Monday 16 January 1922
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Cox and Bernard Ullmann.
Satanas, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Simon Called Peter by Robert Keable was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1922 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Jean Cox: American tenor, known for Heldentenor roles including Siegfried, Tristan, Walther, Lohengrin, and Tannhäuser.
- Bernard Ullmann: French journalist and reporter.
- Marcel Lucotte: Autun Journalist.
- Ernesto Bonino: Italian singer (d. 2008).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The World is Waiting for the Sunrise - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Peerless Quartet - My Sunny Tennessee
- Arkansas Blues - Noble Sissle & Eubie Blake
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?