Wednesday 16 July 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jan G H Krajenbrink and Miso Kovac.
The Shepherd of the Hills, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Oliver Wiswell by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1941 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Jan G H Krajenbrink: Dutch 2nd Chamber member (CDA).
- Miso Kovac: Croatian singer.
- Desmond Dekker: Jamaican ska and reggae singer-songwriter (d. 2006).
- Mišo Kovač: Croatian singer and actor.
- Dag Solstad: Norwegian novelist, short-story writer and dramatist.
- Hans Wiegel: Dutch journalist and politician Deputy Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- George Young: 6th Baronet English banker and politician Secretary of State for Transport
- Joe DiMaggio hits safely for the 56th consecutive game, a streak that still stands as a MLB record.
- 100 degrees F (38 degrees C) highest temperature ever recorded in Seattle, Washington.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?