Wednesday 16 August 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include E F Schumacher and E Schumacher.
The Accident, directed by Christopher Lawrence Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1911 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- E F Schumacher: German economist and statistician (d. 1977).
- E Schumacher: German economist and statistician (d. 1977).
- Karl Munzinger: Composer, dies at 68.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- That Railroad Rag - Walter Van Brunt
- Don't Wake Me Up, I'm Dreaming - Walter Van Brunt
- The Mississippi Dippy Dip - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Infanta March - Fred Van Eps
- In the Land of Harmony - Arthur Collins