Thursday 16 June 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jones E Bolt and Lord Perry of Walton.
Dainanko kûsunoki ko îhidaiki, directed by Matsunosuke Onoe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1921!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1921 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Jones E Bolt
- Lord Perry of Walton: SDP / vice chancellor (Open University England).
- Pascal Arrighi: French politician.
- Jones Bolt: Ware Shoals Military man.
- US Congress creates the office of Undersecretary of the Treasurer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- My Mammy - Aileen Stanley
- I Never Knew - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Make Believe - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Make Believe - Nora Bayes (Charles Prince Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?